Deepening our Understanding and Use of the Code - a Forum for School Leaders
POSTPONED DUE TO COVID-19
St Patrick's College, Kilbirnie
Following on from our 19 November 2019 Forum meeting, Andrew Savage will lead a second session to deepen further our understanding of how we can use the Code of Professional Responsibility as an effective tool in our own practice and to support our staff. Andrew is currently a Deputy Principal at Wellington College.
Purpose of this session:
- Gain a further and deeper understanding of how the Code of Professional Responsibility can be used in our own practice and to support our staff;
- An opportunity for discussion and working time on what we can do now in our own schools to go forward using the Code more effectively to underpin what we do.
First half: A brief refresh of some of the material covered at the Nov 2019 session on using the Code to support professional development, and an opportunity to consider how it might be applied to some real life scenarios.
The focus will now be on:
- seeing the Code in your own practice as part of your obligation to staff;
- using the Code for protecting yourself and your staff;
- using the Code to support teachers’ work, not simply judge it.
Second half - Hear how some Loop schools do (or don’t!) use the Code in everyday practice. Engage in some group discussions about how we can apply the Code effectively in our own individual schools and to the projects that we might currently be working on.
Afternoon tea will be provided.
Please let us know who will be coming from your school, by completing this form:
RSVP - Forum: Deepening our understanding of the Code