Professional Learning: Using the Code, Using the Standards - a Loop Forum event for school leaders
Tues 19 Nov, 1.00 - 3.30pm
Wellington Girls' College
At Forum meetings we develop connections with each other, share experiences and programmes, discuss best practice, and collaborate on issues of strategic importance. Our guest presenter at the 19 November session will be Andrew Savage, Acting Manager, Innovation and Collaboration at the NZ Teaching Council.
Purpose of this session:
- To gain clarity on where we are currently at, in relation to Appraisal;
- To deepen our understanding of ways to use the Code and Standards to support professional learning;
- To share ideas and examples of the different approaches that we take in our Loop schools, in order to refine our thinking.
First half - Andrew Savage will discuss:
- a short update and clarification on the current state regarding Appraisal;
- how the Code and Standards can be used effectively as tools for professional growth.
Second half - An opportunity to share ideas about the approaches we use:
- hear presentations from three Loop schools about the approaches they currently take;
- have an opportunity to talk in smaller groups about the programmes being used in our schools, and share ideas.
Please bring with you:
- Your school’s ‘Quality Practice Template’, if you have one;
- A willingness to share the approaches and practices currently used in your school.
Afternoon tea will be provided.
Please let us know who will be coming from your school, by completing this form: